- The Texans Trade With Browns, Select Deshaun Watson
- 2017 NFL Draft Results
- Houston Texans Final Draft Prediction
- Rangers vs Senators Series Preview
- Rutgers Upgrades Talent With Addition Of Quarterback Kyle Bolin
- Ding Ding, Round 2: Washington Capitals vs. Pittsburgh Penguins
- Seismic Shift In Baseball: Astros’ Chris Devenski Re-Defines Bullpen Roles
- Chicago Blackhawks Swept By Nashville Predators – A Series Recap
- Warren Gatland Hard On Scots In Lions Selection
- The Problem That Managers Ignore About The Shift
‘Spartan: Ultimate Team Challenge’ Redefining Team Sports
- Updated: June 13, 2016
Fitness is in ladies and gentleman. In our world of ever progressing ways to keep oneself engaged, stimulated, and satisfied, we’re always looking for the next “it” thing to challenge our bodies to. Whether it be the latest juice cleanse, 90-day workout plan, or maybe you’re hooked worse than a junkie on the street corner on adventure racing.
The Reebok Spartan Race has taken over, and they’re looking to change the game yet again. Continuing what appears to be a mutually lucrative deal with NBC, the Spartan Race’s latest television endeavor emphasis the team mentality. Spartan: Ultimate Team Challenge pits a group of four average joes (two men and two women) with an elite Spartan veteran, where as a team, the groups must overcome some of the most daunting obstacles seen on Spartan courses, and some entirely new.
Premiering Monday, June 13, 2016, at 10 PM ET following American Ninja Warrior on NBC, six teams of five will begin their path towards a goal of $250,000, tackling physically and emotionally demanding mile long courses.
The seven-episode series will have a star-studded crew covering the races from start to finish, including former NFL linebacker Dhani Jones and MLS star Kyle Martino in the booth, and NBC anchor MJ Acosta down close and personal to the action.
Not every show will have you wishing to emulate the people on screen, although we know your dream of being a runway model dad is up there with taking the field with your favorite athletes. But if Spartan: Ultimate Team Challenge doesn’t have you aching to redefine what aching means, you’re too content with living your life as you are and it’s time to do something about that.
The best part about feeling energized and up for the challenge is unlike being engorged in the unlikely idea of putting on the jersey for your favorite sports team, anybody is free to sign up and test their body and mind in a Spartan Race! Anybody can get in on the fun. Making your case to the show and getting on TV for the next installment is a completely different story, though.
Looking to prepare for your first Spartan Race, or simply just motivated by the show to turn your life around? Pre-order Spartan Fit! The 30-day gym free body and mind transformation straight from the words of Spartan Race founder Joe DeSena himself. And stay tuned with The Runner Sports, as we’ll be giving away a free race and a number of copies leading up to the launch, August 2nd.
So be sure to tune in and don’t miss a moment of the mud, obstacles, and enough motivational moments to keep you grinding through that tough work week.
Latest posts by Tyler Arnold (see all)
- 2017 NFL Draft Results - April 27, 2017
- NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Preview: Calgary Flames vs Anaheim Ducks - April 13, 2017
- NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Preview: Minnesota Wild vs St. Louis Blues - April 12, 2017