- For Second Straight August, Carlos Rodon Pitches Lights Out
- 2016 Duke Basketball Preview
- White Is The New Orange
- With Latest Gem, Jose Quintana Proves Why He’s Best Pitcher On Sox Staff
- Houston’s Collin McHugh: The Evolution Of A Renaissance Man
- Assessing Notre Dame’s Playoff Chances
- Yulieski Gurriel Impresses In Astros Debut, But What Of Carlos Gomez?
- Team USA Men’s Basketball Shines Bright In The Gold Medal Game
- AP Top 25 Poll Releases Preseason Rankings
- UFC 202: McGregor And Diaz Deliver To Set Up Trilogy
Miami Dolphins Sign Arian Foster to a One-Year Deal
- Updated: July 18, 2016
The pseudo-swap between the Texans and Dolphins is officially complete.
Miami was eager to sign a second running back this offseason after Lamar Miller’s departure to Houston, and the team achieved this goal on Monday by announcing that Arian Foster was joining the team. Foster worked out on Monday, and the Dolphins brass liked what they saw from his healing Achilles tendon to complete the deal before Foster could work out for Detroit later in the week.
The 29-year-old running back spent the previous eight seasons with the Houston Texans, piling up more than 6,400 yards and 54 rushing touchdowns while quickly becoming a fan favorite. Foster was undrafted out of Tennessee and started out on special teams before eventually replacing Steve Slaton as the starter.
Foster is now joining the Dolphins backfield with second-year runner Jay Ajayi. Logic dictates that Foster will serve more of a backup and third-down role considering his relatively low salary of $1.5 million and the fresh legs of Ajayi. Of course, Adam Gase is a very creative offensive coach, so who knows how he will use the duo. Ajayi seems to be more of a power runner while Foster relies on finesse and speed.
“I know that this league knows that when I’m on the field, I’m one of the most productive doing it,” Foster said in a statement after making his signing official.
Arian Foster should make his debut on July 29th, when the Dolphins open training camp.
Quite fond of my wife, video games, and Blue Heelers.
Latest posts by John Newby (see all)
- The Texans Defeat The Cardinals 34-24 - August 28, 2016
- Preseason Week 3: Texans v Cardinals - August 27, 2016
- Texans: Watt To Practice, Martin To Miss 2016 Season - August 25, 2016